Thursday, December 18, 2008

Being a techie

is hard. I'm the only one in my family of 5 who knows how to decently fix a computer. My sister's computer is the best in the house, with three compys. with 5 gbs of ram and half a terrabyte of hard drive, that's over 500 gigs!, it's a techies dream. Nvidia gt 8600 it kicks all video game butt! with vista there's nothing this thing can't do, but as I've just learned as im typing, my sister's compy won't read any cd i give it. I look into the computer files and I realize there's no cd drive showing up. so that's my problem now. had to tell her to take it into best buy. finished watching All My Sons in english today. I started blubbering like a baby. I'm gonna be converting all of my baby tapes of my birth till the present time to dvd which i get paid for 30 bucks a pop. gotta get to work.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Did you try system restore before taking it into the shop? Sometimes that works. I am working on vhs to dvd, as well. Love your blogs! Love, Grandma Jan!

Anonymous said...

OBJECTION!
1. Having Vista on it is NOT a plus.
2. The Nvidia gt 8600 does not kick all video game butt.
3. Don't trust Best Buy with your computer...just don't...

serious facingly...

Brenda said...

pwnd!