Wednesday, December 10, 2008

People

Sometimes I just hate people, y' know? No matter what I do there's always a red flag going up. I've had a lot of drama these past two weeks and I am sick of it. I just can't wait till people will get over themselves and start being smart and not the idiots they are. Ugh. I've been reading a lot though. I am nearly done with the first Lord of the Rings book: The Fellowship of the Ring. AWESOME!! How can you not read it? That and I've just started Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. A similar style to Freakonomics, which is my favorite, Blink talks about that part in our minds that we really can't explain. Our subconsciousness. In Blink a subject of a lot of talk is thin-slicing. Where we can in an instant without having any real physical evidence, or explaining how we know, we can make highly accurate descriptions of people's personalities, whether a tennis player will double fault or whether a kouros is a total fake. Awesome book. Not for those idiots aforementioned. So that's my life these past two weeks. Total Sh*#!! Ah well. What are ya gonna do?

1 comment:

Jan said...

Reading is awesome---keep up the good work!
Love,
Grandma Jan