Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reading


Well not so much reading as watching in school. Despite the protest of my parents that watching movies in school is a complete waste of time, that they could show me the same movie and teach me the same if not more about that movie than Roehl could (which I doubt) and that watching movies degrades your brain into mush which is oxymoronical to school's purpose. So yeah. We watched "O brother, where art thou?" which is my favorite movie of all time!! My favorite part is when george nelson shoots the cows and then the cows get run over by the cops!^^! BLOOD!! GORE!! RAMPAGE!! Ahem. Anyway, one of the most occuring motifs was sight. Lots of blind people. I keep wondering how many blind people there really were in 1930 but the representation of sight is of vision. The sight was of prophecy and that our eyes decieve us and without our eyes we could see the truth of our destinies.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

It is ok for us to question the use of movies in school. We don't think we can teach better than the teacher, just want to make sure time is used wisely. AND we LOVE movies!